Oreo and M&M Cookies for the entire family to enjoy!
There are fun cookies! You know, the kind where you forget the calories and the sugar, and you just stuff face without looking back. No ragrets, not even a letter! That’s what I’m talking about. I have to learn how to incorporate some gifs on here. I am new at this people. This is hard.
UNDER COVER COOKIE LOVER
I am a cookie lovah! There is always some sort of store bought or homemade cookies in the house. But I get bored so I love to change it up every week. Yes, the addiction is that real that I think of what my weekly dessert will be ahead of time. This week: Oreo and M&M Cookies!
My Oreos were starting to lose their crunch (my fault for snacking on them and not properly storing them – oops) and I had a half eaten bag of M&M’s lying around, so naturally cookies were on my mind. Operation no food waste in the house is underway!
STEP BY STEP - SUPER DUPER EASY COOKIE MAKING
These cookies are pretty basic. It is a basic dough mix and all that is really extravagant is the filling: crushed Oreos and M&M’s! This is my little secret to many different cookies, a different one per week. There are so many options! You got chocolate chips, white chocolate, butterscotch, M&M’s… I mean, the sky’s the limit with cookies.
Here is a quick step by step of these Oreo and M&M cookies to show you how simple it is.
Look at those babies! These are my fun cookies, so them being perfect is not really my intention. I like that they are odd shapes and the chocolate is melty. That just makes them more gooey, so we’re winning all around here. No one wants a hard, dry cookie. These are not that! Trust! ♥
I love to see fun anything! Make these fun, imperfect, soft, chocolaty cookies?
Show me! And tag me!
Pinterest: Feasting Mexican
Oreo and M&M Cookies
- 1 ½ cup AP Flour
- ½ tsp Salt, Kosher
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Butter, unsalted
- ½ cup White Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar, light
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Oreos (crushed)
- ½ cup M&m's, plain
- ¼ cup Mini m&m's
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter until just combined.
- Stir in the crushed oreos until just combined.
- Fold in the m&m's until just combined evenly into the batter.
- Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours (overnight).
- Using a 1 oz #30 cookie scoop, scoop the dough into ball and lay 2-inches apart on the prepared baking pan. Top each dough ball with the mini m&m's.
- Bake until the sides and tops are slightly golden, but not too much, about 15-17 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on the sheet pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack until fully cool.
- Chill the dough at least 2 hours (if the time permits, hopefully) and up to 12 hours (overnight - my preference)
- You can top with regular size M&Ms, they don't have to be mini - I just wanted to use the ingredients I had and have a little fun with the cookies
- I use a size #30 cookie scoop (~ 2 tablespoons), you can use a smaller scoop (1 tbsp or less) and yield smaller cookies (just make sure to reduce the time to about 10-12 minutes and check them)
- Mix until just combined to ensure you don't over mix the batter
- My Oreos were old and I hate to waste food, but brand spankin' new Oreos are just fine!
Like this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below and leave some thoughts!
Don’t forget to subscribe to get email notifications of new Feasting Mexican recipes! ♥